WE WELCOME YOU TO
THE OFFICIAL WEB SITE OF:
SCORCC is an organization for Senior Citizens (age 55 or older) having a common interest in personal computers. After friendliness, the main quality which the members have in common is their desire to learn more about computers and the software which makes computers work. Members share their computer knowledge and experiences with newer members.
The St. Louis County Missouri Department of Human Services and the County Older Resident Programs (CORP) supports SCORCC.
SCORCC General meetings are generally held on the First Tuesday with of the month (with occasional exceptions) from 1 to 3 PM at Tesson Ferry Library. The September meeting is our annual Meetnic. The December Meeting is a Holiday/Installation of Officers luncheon/party.
The meeting commences with members Pledging Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America
Approval of previous month's minutes is called for, as published in Bits, Bytes & Bugs.
The Treasurer will then report the financial condition of the club and approval will be requested.
Next, there will be announcements and comments related to the condition and general direction of the club.
Immediately following these comments, Special Interest Group (SIG) Leaders will be introduced for the purpose of announcing their up coming SIG meeting.
Visitors will be welcomed and attendees counted.
In the event there is a featured Guest Speaker, they will be introduced. If there is time left after the Guest Speaker, the club will have a short session of "no dumb questions". In lieu of the availability of a Guest Speaker, a No Dumb Questions session will be the program for the meeting.
The program will conclude at 2:30 PM., giving members time to visit until 3:00 PM, at which time we must prepare to clear the auditorium.
The SCORCC Board meets about a week before the General Meeting, usually on a Monday from 1 to 3 pm at
the County Government Center at 4544 Lemay Ferry.
The Board reviews the minutes of the past meeting, receives the Treasurers report, authorizes the payment of submitted bills and reviews the entire operation of the Club, including the Special Interest Groups and Committees.
Club problems and new ideas are presented and discussed by Board Members in a round-table discussion. Motions are made and voting is recorded.
In event a meeting is cancelled due to a uncontrolled circumstance, the Moderator of the Month will notify the Board members of the change.
This web site was last updated: October 31, 2014
How many hits have we had?
Created by SCORCC Web Team
don't work, please contact:
Our current SCORCC membership is 154
The Fun Page is for all the members to have fun! Of course!
All photos will be on the Calendar page.
Let us never forget September 11, 2001 !
You can spend hours checking this site out!
West County Senior Computer Club
North County Senior Computer Club
Lots of info about the Gateway Arch
(This site has many different solitaire games to play! )
This is not exactly Geneaolgy but brings
back the "6o's It's neat!
This can be a sweet deal!
Mountain Home, Arkanas Computer Club
MEETING SCHEDULE CHANGES
New Links submitted by Norm Miller
New link submitted by Karen Bono.
Link for Chris Sellmeyer's Wix Website:
CORP has offered FREE Courses to all Seniors. Contact Karen Bono Training Coordinator-314-615-4474 for time and place.
November 4th – Physician Portals: Help or Hype?
November 13th - Introduction to SKYPE
November 17th – All About “Apps”
December 8th – Open Lab
BB&B October links
Get great FREE pictures on the Internet
• INTERNET ARCHIVE BOOK
Research Your Family's History
Millions of cemetery records and graves on your PC
• your android phone
• your iOS phone
Apps To Power Your Road Trip
BB&B November links
• Microsoft Security Essentials
• Irfanview image - editor - Indispensable program
• Yellow Stickie Notes - Another indispensable program
• FreeMake - Tools for Downloading & Converting YouTube Videos.
• StripMail Clean up text with odd-length lines and all those >>> symbols.
• StripMail Instructions Step-by-step details on using Stripmail.
• LibreOffice - Free office suite, compatible with Microsoft Office.
• Apache OpenOffice - Another office suite, compatible with Microsoft Office.
• Filename Extensions & their meanings: .doc, .jpg, .html, .bmp, .tiff, .wmv, etc.
• 2-Letter Country Codes used in web page URLs (website addresses)
• Belarc Advisor - Displays All Kinds of Useful Information about Your PC's Hardware and about all the peripherals attached to your PC.
• VLC Media Player - Versatile open source media player that plays most media files (MP3, WMA, WMV, etc.) and also plays many QuickTime and RealPlayer files
• Gimp Image Editor - Full-Featured Photoshop-like image-editing program
• Paint.net - Another Photoshop-like image-editing program
Free Tools & Services from Google
• Picasa Image-editor - Great image-management program
• Google Toolbar, Google Toolbar Popup Blocker & other useful features
• Google Translate English, French, German, Spanish + many, many others
• Google Street View - See the houses on your own block - or anywhere
• Google Calendar - Get organized with Free calendar program
• Google Book Search - Search the full text of popular books online
• Blogger - Start your own blog for free - Share your thoughts online
• Google Drive - Free cloud-storage for your files + Collaborate online on word processing documents, spreadsheets & presentations
• Google AdSense - Earn income w/your blog or website
• Gmail (My personal favorite email service)
Download over 600 fonts - FREE
What is SkyFonts?
Free Spyware and Adware Removal Tool-Malwarebytes